Next Saturday (December 10th) is an opportunity to Test the Waters and see what our progressive congregation has to offer. Our church is unabashedly the most progressive Christian congregation in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. We are all about...
- caring for Earth (we are a Green congregation),
- welcoming all people (we are a More Light congregation),
- working for peace and social justice,
- encouraging critical thinking regarding religion (ie. Jesus Seminar, The Center for Progressive Christianity, Adult Forum),
- participating in creative worship opportunities (ie. Dances for Peace, Drumming, Meditation, Wheel of the Year celebrations, oh and provocative sermons!)
- enjoying one another and building community,
- educating and encouraging children and youth to be open-minded critical thinkers and to develop a compassionate faith.
Curious? Find out more by reading our church news and join us Saturday, December 10th from 10 am to 1 pm. Lunch and childcare will be provided. Let me know if you can attend so we can get an idea of how much food to prepare.