This Sunday, June 6th, is More Light Sunday. The theme for 2010 is "Believe Out Loud." Many of us believe that it is time to remove G-6.0106busybody once and for all.
I received in the mail today a stack of blank cards from Michael Adee of MLP. Our Peacemaking Committee will have them available on the Peacemaking table this Sunday and for several Sundays leading up to GA.
Here is what the card says:
Greetings to Our General Assembly Commissioners:You can order cards or just a send a card or note of your own by June 25 to:
The time is Right Now to remove barriers to ordination for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Presbyterians. Please support the removal of G-6.0106b and other barriers to equality.
City, State, Zip________________
Feel free to add your own message here.
More Light PresbyteriansIt couldn't be simpler.
"Write Now" Campaign
4737 County Road 101,
Minnetonka, MN 55345-2634
Not to give the whole service away, but I think we will use these ten affirmations in worship on Sunday:
Join us June 6th for More Light Sunday!Ten Affirmations1. We celebrate the unity we create in the midst of our diversity.
for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered (GLBT) Spirituality
Completed by the Working Group on Religion and Spirituality
Voices for a New Tomorrow
2. We affirm the inherent beauty, worth, and dignity of every GLBT and straight person.
3. There are many paths to the sacred. The spiritual paths of GLBT persons are among
4. The choice is not whether to be GLBT or straight but whether or not to live an
5. Coming out is a courageous and spiritual act.
6. Sexual expression is one of the many sacred ways that GLBT and straight adults can
express the depth of love in their relationships.
7. We support each person’s journey of integrating spirituality and sexuality which
leads to wholeness.
8. Marriage is a sacred union for people who are committed to each other without regard
to gender. Love makes a family.
9. Spiritual leaders must take responsibility to lead, protect, and affirm GLBT people:
children, adults, and their families.
10. No one is free when others are oppressed.
Let's make a change for the better.