Thanks to Presbys, Amy Williams and Terri Haught for putting this together!
Here are the details:
The Elizabethton Animal Shelter is in horrible condition and needs your help. On average this shelter receives over 500 cats and dogs during the summer months and due to the limited space of the facility, which is approximately 1000 square feet in size, all of the dog kennels are contained outside, under cover but still exposed. The terrible condition of the shelter not only makes the lives for the animals difficult, it does little to promote a pleasant adoption experience, which is crucial to the success of a shelter and saving the lives of homeless animals.
The Carter County Democratic Women have chosen the shelter project to be their main fundraising focus this year. We have quite a few events planned for 2010, including a springtime 5K "Critter Crawl" race and a Party in the Park with live music, costume contests and vendors.
To kick off our fundraising efforts, on Sunday, December 6th, we are hosting a silent auction at First Presbyterian Church in Elizabethton. This is a great opportunity for you to donate an item, gift certificate or service to be auctioned, with proceeds going to the Elizabethton Animal Shelter Building Fund and a small portion to the church for allowing us to host the event. We are requesting that all donated items be new and accompanied by a business card or name of the donor with an approximate value of the item. Items can be dropped off at Dino’s Restaurant in downtown Elizabethton or you can contact Amy Williams at 423.213.2474 or Terri Haught at 423.217.8483 for item pickup-we will be happy to pickup from you!
Thank you very much for your help - this small act of kindness can make a huge difference in the life of a shelter animal.
Amy and Terri
- Breakfasts, brunches, luncheons, dinners, teas, and dessert parties.
- Gatherings for watching sporting events or movies or making music or playing games
- Services: washing a dog, fix a computer, baby-sitting, leaf raking, garden labor, tutoring, taxi services, income tax, massage, photography, photograph digitalization, baked goodies
- Classes, individual lessons, instruction in just about anything.
- Handmade items
- Trips, boat outings, performances.
- Use of a lake house, cottage, or cabin anywhere.
- Gift certificates
- Tickets: NASCAR race, UT football, symphony, theatre
- nything you can think of!