For Thanksgiving I give you...
The Gratitude Dance
A Bird With No Tomorrow
and a portion of a stewardship letter I sent to my congregation.
You have received this letter just before or just after Thanksgiving. In that spirit, I thought I would share a few things for which I am grateful.
- I am grateful to be alive and for those who encourage and inspire me to experience life in all of its fullness.
- I am grateful for a loving family and many, many friends with whom I can share the journey.
- I am grateful for the wisdom of many spiritual traditions including Christianity that nourishes and transforms me.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to be a spiritual leader and to have served three congregations including this one.
- I am grateful for this congregation, its people, its history, its witness, its joy, and its open arms.
- I am grateful to our spiritual ancestors who through their sacrifices and love have given us a place to worship and to serve.
- I am grateful to you for your love and care for this congregation.
- I am grateful to you for being you!