Today is a good day to pass Amendment A.
Eighteen presbyteries will vote in January including two today, Newton (New Jersey) and Eastminster (Ohio) unless they get snowed out. When I find out the results I will let you know. Meanwhile, the MLP blog has some interesting posts including a letter Madeleine Mysko wrote to her congregation in favor of the proposal.
- the speech by Rev. Todd Freeman in Eastern Oklahoma Presbytery
- a video of elder Ralph Jones on amendment A
- the latest voting analysis
- using the phones
- the January More Light Update
- and a post on the ad in the Presbyterian Outlook
Resources a plenty to get this done.
The most important factor is getting folks to the meeting.
People do change their minds. I know of one person in my presbytery who had voted no in 2009 and turned around to vote yes this time. Why? He felt it was time and he had a change of heart.
The opposition is entrenched. But there are reasonable people in the middle who want to do the right thing. Let's give them the chance.