I started this blog two years ago because I was concerned about our future. On the sidebar near the bottom you can read my ramblings about what I also called "the E's." I also included Entitlement and Empire.
The future is now. This is from today's Johnson City Press:
- Area Retail Sales Showing Signs of Strained Economy
- Congress Sends White House $15B Auto Aid Proposal
- Jonesborough Officials Tell Department Heads to Try to Tighten Budgets
- Economy Bad All Over, Even Before Current Crisis
- Dow Chemical to Slash 5000 Jobs, Close 20 Plants
- Tribune Seeks Bankruptcy Protection
- Laid Off Workers Become Symbol of Mounting Anger
What do you think? Is this an economic blip and we will get back on track, onward and upward forever?
Or is this a sign that we are reaching the limits of our planet's ability to sustain our economic growth?